Help with official 2.1

Last Updated:

1. Snoudel

Snoudel Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, and thanks for listening to a fellow newbie like myself.

I recently rooted my Droid and had it all set, but I decided I wanted to try the official 2.1 update. Now I manually installed the official update, but have that pesky Superuser app that wont go away. I understand I need to reroot my device, but I am unsure of how to do that, and the tutorials dont really help. Also do you think they would let me return the phone with that one app on there?

Thanks in advanced.

Advertisement
  2. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

Several sites have a copy of the original 2.0.1 sbf file and links to download RSD Lite. Find a thread that describes how to do this ( I know that AllDroid.com has instructions on how to under forums>Development>Droid ) and follow the instructions to the letter. Make sure you follow them exactly or you could transform your phone into a paperweight!! It is a very simple procedure. This will put you back to the point where you can root or allow the update to proceed. I was rooted and un-rooted manually (without using the sbf) and the OTA was awful. I went back to 2.0.1 via sbf and let the OTA apply again and everything is peachy with my phone now. Applying the sbf file will put you back to factory and, of course, will also wipe your phone, but not he SD card. I liked being rooted, but the only reason that I did it was to get the 2.1 goodies and now that I have "official" 2.1, I really don't need root anymore. I have noticed that since applying the sbf and allowing the OTA, my battery life is much better and everything runs very smoothly.

Anyway...good luck,
    BigRedGonzo

3. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

DMUpdater. Pick stock no root, load up 2.1, be happy

4. Snoudel

Snoudel Active Member This Topic's Starter

You can't download dmupdater for tbhis...it won't work.