• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with ota

c.owen

menu / settings / security / firmware download / then select either 'download automatically' or 'prompt before download' ..... check one of those is selected.

Maybe someone will be able to assist further if you confirm which hero you have, is it branded? With which network? Are there even ANY OTA updates available for your phone yet? More information gives others a better chance to assist you the quickest way.
:)

regards - boilerhouse

Upvote 0
c.owen

menu / settings / security / firmware download / then select either 'download automatically' or 'prompt before download' ..... check one of those is selected.
Had you tried the above?

Cellular South is a phone network provider, so is I am to make the assumption that you have a branded (branded Cellular South) mobile installed with their 'version' of the software? I have seen on the HTC site there is a page for Cellular South updates on the Support pages.
I take it C S have not released any OTA updates yet?

Regards - Boilerhouse

Upvote 0
You originally posted this thread on the GSM Hero section (although to be fair, it's not actually labelled the GSM section). Since your carrier is Cellular South, you must be using a CDMA Hero, so I've moved this thread to the Sprint (CDMA) Hero section.

So any advice you've read back in the other Hero section does not apply to your phone; your 2.1 update may work differently. Which is probably why you've had trouble with it so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones