• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with outgoing Email failure??

Jennasis

Lurker
Jul 18, 2012
New android owner here (Samsung Galaxy Exhibit on TMobile). I know next to nothing about computers or tech so please speak slowly and in laymen's terms LOL!.

I have my yahoo mail account set up on the phone's stock email app (I also downloaded the yahoo mail app). The yahoo app works fine, but the stock email app won't let me send emails. Everything says "send failure" when I try. My settings appear to be correct for incoming and outgoing messages and I can see and receive emails just fine.

Thanks. I;m sure this noob will be annoying you all with many questions as I delve into the inner workings of the phone and O/S.

New android owner here (Samsung Galaxy Exhibit on TMobile). I know next to nothing about computers or tech so please speak slowly and in laymen's terms LOL!.

I have my yahoo mail account set up on the phone's stock email app (I also downloaded the yahoo mail app). The yahoo app works fine, but the stock email app won't let me send emails. Everything says "send failure" when I try. My settings appear to be correct for incoming and outgoing messages and I can see and receive emails just fine.

Thanks. I;m sure this noob will be annoying you all with many questions as I delve into the inner workings of the phone and O/S.

Open up the stock mail client and long press the yahoo mail account and go to settings. Scroll down and find outgoing server. Make sure it's set to:

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL
port: 465
use authentication

If you used Yahoo! mail plus then change the smtp server to: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Upvote 0
Open up the stock mail client and long press the yahoo mail account and go to settings. Scroll down and find outgoing server. Make sure it's set to:

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Use SSL
port: 465
use authentication

If you used Yahoo! mail plus then change the smtp server to: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

That's the settings I have (don't have Yahoo Mail plus. Not working still. Should I delete it and try starting over?

Upvote 0
That's the settings I have (don't have Yahoo Mail plus. Not working still. Should I delete it and try starting over?

Okay I think I got that backwards

Yahoo! Mail Settings

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465)
Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

Yahoo! Mail Plus email server settings
Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)
Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)

I didn't realize Yahoo swapped the ports for regular and plus accounts.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
Okay I think I got that backwards

Yahoo! Mail Settings

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465)
Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

Yahoo! Mail Plus email server settings
Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)
Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)

I didn't realize Yahoo swapped the ports for regular and plus accounts.

That didn't work...I'm just going to delete the account and stick to using the Yahoo app. Thanks for your help though! :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones