• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with Overclocking

gumslinger

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Ok another noob here. I downloaded the oclf, rooted and its all working nicely. Tested on quadrant and got this big sexy bar right at the top. Yay. Phone seems a little faster for sure. But if u use quadrant advanced u can see that cpu speed isnt rly changing much if at all. Its i/o that is increasing and giving us these huge scores. Whatever that is..

So are there further steps i can take to speed up my phone. Is oclf actually overclocking my phone or just giving it another file system which speeds up processing slightly?

I also use launcherpro whch seems to help a bit for home screen navigating and such. But im looking for a real noticeable boost. I know some of the roms out there are pretty fast as well but im a little reluctant to remodel my phone much more with froyo supppsedly on the horizon.

Thanks in advance for any help. These forums r getting huge and its hard to find the answers im looking for sometimes without hours of reading.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones