Help with Overclocking

Last Updated:

1. gumslinger

gumslinger Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 26, 2010
    Ok another noob here. I downloaded the oclf, rooted and its all working nicely. Tested on quadrant and got this big sexy bar right at the top. Yay. Phone seems a little faster for sure. But if u use quadrant advanced u can see that cpu speed isnt rly changing much if at all. Its i/o that is increasing and giving us these huge scores. Whatever that is..

So are there further steps i can take to speed up my phone. Is oclf actually overclocking my phone or just giving it another file system which speeds up processing slightly?

I also use launcherpro whch seems to help a bit for home screen navigating and such. But im looking for a real noticeable boost. I know some of the roms out there are pretty fast as well but im a little reluctant to remodel my phone much more with froyo supppsedly on the horizon.

Thanks in advance for any help. These forums r getting huge and its hard to find the answers im looking for sometimes without hours of reading.

2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    "lag fixes" aren't "overclocking". Both are radically different tasks and have significant risks. Not recommended for "noobs". In fact, personally I don't recommend them to anyone due to the problems that arise.