Help With Panorama PleaseGeneral

Last Updated:

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I must not be doing something right. I go into the camera, tap "panorama" in the camera settings. Then I get a level kind of thing that I'm assuming is there to help you keep the camea's orientation either vertical or horozontal. There is a message on the bottom that says "press the capture button to start panorama." When I do this and start panning the camera from left to right it either says "oops, please pan the camera smoothly...." This seems to happen every time I try it holding the phone in the vertical position. When I hold the phone horozontally (landscape) all seems to be well and there is a large box outline that moves across the screen as I pan. When I come to the end of what I want to capture I press the 'capture' button again (do you have to do this each time or does the camera essentially time itself out?) and the phone reads, "stitching photo." But then when I go into the gallery all I'm getting is a regular picture that seems to take in little more than a standard photo would have if I just took a picture at the beginning of the pan.

So obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions?

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Well I do know it only takes panoramas in landscape mode.

I only hit the shutter once. Then pan slowly until each box is centered on the screen. It will take a picture automatically each time it's centered. Just keep going, it stops automatically after 5 frames or so.
  3. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

I find it's best to stop on the second or third photo. Panoramas with 4/5 pictures are just too squished from top to bottom.
    Don S likes this.
  4. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Glad you mentioned this, thanks. I didn't realize you could stop prior to the last one. Excellent.
    NightAngel79 likes this.