Help with Picture textingSupport

Last Updated:

1. amason85

amason85 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys,
    First I would like to say that I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and been reading threads like crazy and trying new apps that people suggest. Well, with all I have done with my moto droid, i can't seem to send picture messages. I can receive just fine and browse the internet as well. I called Verizon tech support and they tried a few things but ended up saying i should do a factory reset to see if that fixes the problem. Yeah ok. I want to try to see if anyone here has any ideas before I do something like that. This problem is not isolated to after installing apps recently. I

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I'm Moving this to Motorola droid forum as you may get a better response :)

3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i would imagine they tried the turn the wifi off trick already, right?

4. amason85

Thanks, sorry about that. I'm still trying to figure out where everything is.

5. amason85

wifi? The LAN card? They had me reboot the phone a few times. I have my wifi off when i don't use it.

6. BiGMERF

i asked cause i was stuck unable to send or receive mms and was confused as hell until i turned my wifi off. then it all worked

7. amason85

I enabled wifi and tried sending a pic with no luck, then disabled wifi and tried with no luck.

8. BiGMERF

they have to send you a replacement if all else fails

9. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Can you forward sms that you have received?

10. amason85

I tried to forward a sms to myself but it didn't work either. For each message i send, there is an envelope with a red clock on it that stays if that helps.

11. amason85

Anyone know of an error logging program that doesn't require root access?

12. bigbee

bigbee Well-Known Member

It would be odd to see a software error unique to a single device. This could be a problem with your number in the Verizon messaging platforms. I would push customer service to explore this further.

13. amason85

You think its still on verizon side? Even though it works one way? I can receive but not send. Do you think I should transfer my number to my old phone to see if it works on that?

14. amason85

Just an update for those you are wondering. I called Verizon again and they transfer my account to my old phone. We tried to send a pic message from that phone and it said it failed. So we switched it back and tried to send a message from the droid. In the process of sending a message from the droid, i received the message from my old phone. The tech opened a ticket to their data network and will have them look into the problem. The tech on the phone will be the one calling me back, which i like. Cross your fingers! He said it can take up to 5 days depending on the problem. I’m just glad that I didn't do a factory reset on the phone. Thanks everyone for their help. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

15. dougwilson2000

Every once in awhile I get that red envelope sign on text only, even though text went through and I receive an answer from the person. Is it the phone or service ? Since it happened on my old LG also, I bet is on the service.

16. dougwilson2000

Ok I believe I have a very logical possibility to you situation. You are trying to send a pic over sms. It can not be done on my phone either. If you just add a subject text the Droid will change it to a mms and will send. So just put a title to the picture and it should work.I was reading other threads and came up with this solution. Damn I wish I copied the url to give a reference but it is a thread talking about texting using mms. Bet this is your solution, it not the phone or service, just how you were trying to send the pic.
    Let me know if it is the answer.

17. amason85

When i go to my gallery and click on a picture I want to send to someone, I click on share and select message. It then opens a mms composer window to add the cell number and a body for the message. When opening the window, it says converting to mms. Are you creating a pic message the same way, if not how are you doing it?

18. dougwilson2000

Same way plus I put something in the body even one word.

Update
    I just sent myself a pic using stock messanger without text. I got the red envelope at first but it did go through. Sorry back to square one.

19. amason85

FYI, I installed handcent and tried to send a picture message and I'm getting the same result. The message has a circle cursor that is rotating likes it trying to do something but can't. This doesn't totally run out that there is a software issue but it’s becoming less likely in my opinion.

20. amason85

Update, so I waited a week and did not hear anything from Verizon so I called. The tech said that the ticket was closed and that the data network guys said to go outside and get better signal to send a pic message. I said what?! I can't send them at all. Long story short, the tech opened another ticket including great detail about what the problem is. So now I am waiting again. He said that either I'm going to get it fixed this time or I will need to exchange my phone for a new one. Will let you guys known what happens.

21. amason85

Final update, I got a call from a Verizon tech and said they have closed the ticket. He said they came to my area and tested the signal and found there were some interference around where I lived and that I should find a better place to send a pix message. Really? That’s their solution. So I told him I work right outside of Boston and that I still could not send a message. He suggested then that I do a factory reset and see if that fixes it. So I did and WOW it works. So now I am going to return the phone and get a new one because my screen is very loose and it feels like a blackberry storm. I was holding off on exchanging it because I was not looking forward to setting up the phone again. Thanks to everyone who help me troubleshoot this!