Help with PRL change

1. ShinHadoukenX

ShinHadoukenX Member

My phone's prl is 61007. On a norm I only show a 3G 1 bar signal. So I am wanting to try a new prl to see if I get anything positive out of it. Does anyone have an up to date tutorial on how to change it? And what is a good prl to change to? Oh and my signal strength is -108 dBm. Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MediocreBadGuy

MediocreBadGuy Well-Known Member

Check the stickies, there's a link to the guide there. Also if you search you would find a few others on this site for the Motorola Triumph.
    ShinHadoukenX likes this.
  3. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Well-Known Member Developer

Ok if anyone is interested in doing a PRL swap (primary roaming list) then here's a link to a bunch of PRL's Corolada PRL Page before you do the PRL swap make a backup of your current rom (if not on a stock rom) then flash into the stock rom, If not on a stock rom anycut will NOT have the shortcut you need,( once the PRL swap is done restore back into your custom rom & the new PRL will come with), from this point you can follow this guide HOW TO: Motorola Triumph PRL Swap . You DON'T have to do this super fast like it says anycut will hold the port open as long as you need, just make a short cut called "select com port mode" & create it on your home screen, open the short cut & change to diag. mode, presto the port is held open as long as you need. then connect to your phone to your PC & use QPST & do what the guides say to change the PRL. Once this is done all you need to do is add this line of build prop to your phone ( ro.product.rat= EvDo only ) I added this line of build prop right above ro.wifi.channels. I used the rom toolbox to do this with the build prop editor option. This is supposed to give us faster data transfer speed seems to have helped my Triumph. Do this to get your MSL code from your phone, here is how you use alogcat new easy method for obtaining MSL code: Download and install aLogcat (free) from the Android Market. Run aLogcat and set it to filter for "sec_code" Go to your Phone apk and dial ##33284# When prompted for the MSL, type 000000. Now, go to aLogcat. And it should have found a "sec_code:" line with your MSL code at the end of it. It's 6 digits.

SIDE NOTE: Have your MSL code ready before you open QPST, write it down

EDIT: Also install QPST 2.7 on your PC to do to the PRL swap, the guide should help with this Here's the QPST link http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/flash/mobile_phones/companies/qualcomm/models/qpst/12051.html

EDIT: Here's another method http://androidforums.com/motorola-triumph/412031-trouble-swapping-prl.html
  4. Jaay Dogg

Here is the stock rom with the anycut shortcut already setup, just download the zip & extract the backup then copy it to your SD card into clockwork\backup, then boot into clockwork & restore the back do the PRL swap, then restore whatever rom you normally run.

Link: http://db.tt/TjyNSDqs
    soleen likes this.
  5. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

can i use a Verison PRL, will it not work or is it agaist the law?:eek:
  6. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

It won't work.
  7. coco3133

8. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

This is the latest Sprint PRL and the one im currently using

Sprint Prl 60686

- has decent speeds :)
    coco3133 and johnclendineng like this.
  9. coco3133

i when i tried the methods (through mobile terminal running CM7 and the one above on stock) QPST doesn't pick up my phone in the program... after i put it in diag. mode..............help pleaze?:(
  10. agentc13

You have to be on a stock ROM to change the PRL.
  11. coco3133

i was on stock rom
  12. agentc13

I saw the part I bolded, and must have missed the part I underlined. Sorry.
  13. MediocreBadGuy

You probably don't have the correct drivers installed
  14. coco3133

lol its ok i kinda confused myself to.....ok ill try reinstalling all the drivers hope it works:cool:
  15. Jaay Dogg

Yes a Verizon PRL will to work had my old triumph running on a Verizon PRL
  16. coco3133

ok so i can use it if i can get it to work...but is it still legal?
  17. agentc13

Verizon won't let the phone authenticate to their towers, I don't know how you say it works. It won't.
  18. coco3133

im having a blond moment can someone show me where to uninstall and reinstall the drivers or how to on here
  19. MediocreBadGuy

Device Manager
  20. coco3133

yayz only took 1.5 hours but i did it xD ** using the 3rd site that Jaay used**
  21. Jaay Dogg

Ya i started thinking about the verizon PRL thing & the one I had was a hybrid sprint & verizon so probably was the sprint.:eek:
  22. agentc13

Yeah, you probably only connected to the Sprint towers. ;)
  23. coco3133

So if u use a Verizon prl the phone will show no signal? :banghead:

Sent from my Super Duper Spectacular Triumph
  24. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Yea, that's what happens when you use a verizon PRL at least that's what happened when I tried using a verizon PRL a while back.
  25. gutterrat74

gutterrat74 Member

diagnostic mode???anyone,,i forgot,,got used of cwm