• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with radioactive froyo

gizmo7008

Jul 20, 2010
I've never rooted my phone before, but I'm tired of it constantly freezing up, locking me out and it being so slow! I looked at many different custom roms, and I decided on radioactive froyo. However, I am so lost as to how to actually get it on my phone. I've watched the videos and tried to follow, but it just tells me the file doesn't exist when I try to update from the sd card.

were you able to successfully flash this? If so, congratulations, you're rooted! If not, pm me and I'll try to help you through it. After this, the easiest way to flash/install new peices of the Android OS is through recovery. Most roms and kernels come in a .zip format. You place these files in the root (not sub directory) directory of your sd card. Power down the phone by pulling the battery and replacing it or holding down the end key and selecting power off. Recovery is accessed by holding down the volume down, call and end keys simultaneously. Select install from zip usinng the touch pad, select the .zip file you placed in you sd card and follow directions. It may sound difficult, but in practice it's very easy and painless. Compared to flashing winmo devices, this is much less stressful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones