help with radioactive froyo

Last Updated:

1. gizmo7008

gizmo7008 Member This Topic's Starter

I've never rooted my phone before, but I'm tired of it constantly freezing up, locking me out and it being so slow! I looked at many different custom roms, and I decided on radioactive froyo. However, I am so lost as to how to actually get it on my phone. I've watched the videos and tried to follow, but it just tells me the file doesn't exist when I try to update from the sd card.

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

You need to root your phone first. After that, you d/l or copy the Radioactive .zip (I suggest you use 1.8.7 )to the root directory of your sd card. Boot into recovery ( vol dn, call and end call buttons at once), choose install zip file and select the file you placed there.

3. gizmo7008

gizmo7008 Member This Topic's Starter

I can't figure out how to even root it. I've tried numerous times.
    I was following the guide given to me and flashed the first set of files with no problems. However when it comes to doing the root, I'm so lost and confused.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

were you able to successfully flash this? If so, congratulations, you're rooted! If not, pm me and I'll try to help you through it. After this, the easiest way to flash/install new peices of the Android OS is through recovery. Most roms and kernels come in a .zip format. You place these files in the root (not sub directory) directory of your sd card. Power down the phone by pulling the battery and replacing it or holding down the end key and selecting power off. Recovery is accessed by holding down the volume down, call and end keys simultaneously. Select install from zip usinng the touch pad, select the .zip file you placed in you sd card and follow directions. It may sound difficult, but in practice it's very easy and painless. Compared to flashing winmo devices, this is much less stressful.