Help with removing APK, PLEASE Devs!

Last Updated:

1. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I REALLY need some assistance, think I screwed my phone, really want to avoid a hard wipe.

I installed Lockbot the other day, has some issues with dual lock layers (i.e. the lockbot app wasn't disabling my HTC lock so I had two unlocks.). emailed dev and he sent me a beta version to hopefully correct issue. I only received an apk file from him.

FYI I am on fresh 1.1, rooted.

I used the kitchen to puch this file: "LockBotPro_1.10.0_beta.apk" to /system/app.

The install went successfully, but later after a reboot I face a HUGE issue. The lockbot app is hanging upon reboot and will not unlock. At first I thought i would still be okay, I had ATK and Advanced Task manager both running at start up, so I can enter both of them through my notification drop down menu. I used both to kill the task-to no avail it is still locked. I tried to use advanced task manager to uninstall lockbot - to no avail, it cannot be removed.

Then I tried to pull back the file through kitchen, to no avail.

I don't know what to do. I cannot get my phone to unlock and i cannot pull the file off through adb or kitchen. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON HOW TO FIX THIS??????

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Restore from backup, you did create a backup, right...

3. TF1984

Actually no, I hadn't made a back up in about three weeks and just about everything on my phone had changed since then.

i just put a "high Priority" recurring weekly task on my calendar to back up each Wednesday and Saturday from now on. I never want to lose 5 hours of time and access to my business mobile again. :(

4. BlueScreenOfLife

BlueScreenOfLife Active Member

Can you do me a favor and take a screen cap of your cmd window after you've gone in through your adb shell and displayed the entire list contained within /system/app?

5. BlueScreenOfLife

Also, type out exactly what you've been entering in your cmd to access your app dir and attempt to remove something.

6. TF1984

Bluescreen,
    I appreciate your interest and offering help, however I have finally rid myself of that program SOMEHOW and am never going back. I don't have the CMD message anymore.

Somehow I got it off my phone. Then every app was FC so I had to re-install each. Then I tried one more time with the apk and it F'ed everything again - but this time I had a nandroid back up so I pulled a restore.

Again, thanks for offering your help.

7. BlueScreenOfLife

No sweat, glad to do it.

Good to hear you got everything worked out!

8. londonbridge

londonbridge New Member

does anyone know how to get rid of fresh face i cant get to my homescreen

9. stamets303

stamets303 Active Member

Not the place for it I know...I'm thinking Lockbot hates some people. When I had it, it worked fine for a little while but then every time I hit the home key it would lock. I'd unlock it and I'd be right back where I started. Needless to say I uninstalled and I'm not looking back, just thought it was a bit amusing.

10. jamesbailey3

jamesbailey3 New Member

i cant get to my homescreen? lockbot seems to be blocking it and not unlocking, sort of covering up my homescreen? i cant do anything on it and dont even know how to preform a hard reset. any help please?