Help with reset from newbieSupport

1. Rollman

Rollman New Member

Just did a factory reset on my Motorola Bionic which went fine. Now onto my problem....early on I must have made contacts with Motorola's contacts I think. They didn't move over nor did the pictures of my contacts. I did a complete backup of all files on the phone before the reset. Could I move a backup phone file that would have that data? If so what file would I look for? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome Rollman!
    I moved your thread here to your device forum where others can help you out:)
    doogald likes this.
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Can you explain "complete backup of all files on the phone"? In other words, what exactly did you back up, and how did you do so? Is your phone rooted? Are you talking about just internal storage and the SD card, or did you do something more than that to back up? (FYI, the contacts are not stored on the SD card or internal storage.)

Did you ever set up Verizon's Backup Assistant? If so, your contacts *may* have been backed up there.
    Mikestony likes this.
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

There is a wide range of possible scenarios for your description. The simplest ...

You are using Gmail and your contacts are visible when you go to ... https://mail.google.com/mail/ ... in the Gmail dropdown (upper left) choose Contacts ... using your PC.

In this case you need to setup the Gmail account on your Bionic and set the appropriate sync options. You will find this at Settings | Account & sync ... there needs to be a Gmail account listed. When there is, click on it and set the appropriate sync options.

If you syn Contacts it will almost immediately load them from the Gmail server to your Bionic.

... or it could be one of the many other possibilities.

... Thom