• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with ringtones...

Hey guys and girls. I'm new here and have a quick question. I upgraded my Infuse to the One X+. I had some ringtones on the Infuse that I downloaded from Zedge. I matched ringtones to contacts so I'd know whether or not I wanted to talk to that person. I downloaded Zedge on the 1x+, selected the ringtones again and put them in the favorites tab on Zedge. They don't show up on the 1x+. How do I get them from Zedge to ringtones? TIA for the help. If more info is needed, I'll be happy to supply it.

I've had issues with zedge on my hox. While recovering my tones zedge just crashes.

But on the up side I found it dead easy to set the ringtones up. Just download them in zedge, exit and goto a contact and select the custom ringtone, I always find the ringtones appear in the normal list without using zedge directly.

Upvote 0
They should just list automatically. Sounds like the phone is not refreshing the list on entry, tried a reboot? There is also an add button in the tones list in the top right that when pressed lists custom tones, ie music albums.

You don't have a process killer running do you?

Upvote 0
Well it sounds like your phone is being weird and not updating the new media to me, rather than zedge not working. Does the gallery app update with new photos when you take them? You might want to try and clear the cache on the media storage app which will reset all ringtones and gallery thumbnails.

Upvote 0
That's just it. I go to the contact. It says "Default" under ringtone. I tap it and the ringtone list comes up, but they are all the regular ringtones. No custom ones listed. I can't figure out how to get the custom ringtones into the list.

I just got my OneX+ and i have the same problem. I've tried putting both mp3s and wav files in both the sdcard/Notifications sdcard/Ringtones sdcard/media/audio/notifications and so on

nothing makes them show up in the list to set as sms tone or ringtone. i've restarted the phone several times ofcourse.

if i go to (my phone is not in english so might not be exatly these names): settings-sound-ringtone there is a +Add button. This way i can select an mp3/wav as ringtone BUT when i do the whole setting-sound-ringtone breaks down and just shows black if i revisit it (also it does not change the ringtone to the selected), so something is seariously strange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones