Help with Roaming MMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I am with T-Mobile in the UK and am currently in the US. I have, with advice from here and T-Mobile, disabled the roaming data in both the mobile networks section and also the data network mode in the power button.

My am on the flext tariff which gives me a monthly allowance rather than set txts and calls. When I am abroad it costs me 40p per txt to send back to the uk, however mms messages come off my allowance. I am trying to send mms messages however when I send them it says service unavailable will resend when it becomes available.

I don't want my phone using data while over here as its like 7 pounds 50 p per mb so that could easily mount up.

Is there something I can do to be able to send mms messages without having to enable data while roaming?

Advertisement
  2. computerhac

computerhac New Member

i have a similar problem with my atrix. i have at&t and i am spending some time in a place where at&t is not available. im going to be here for a while so i dont want to keep data roaming on but i would still like to send mms. is there a way to do that without having to turn it on and off all the time?

3. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well seems not. What I discovered was that if you turn data roaming off so that you don't get stupid bills for data roaming (

computerhac likes this.