Help with ROM install!

Last Updated:

1. tmette

tmette Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I was quite bored this afternoon and finally decided to root my Droid. Now I need a little bit of help because I'm quite confused.

I had the OTA 2.1 update installed on my Droid before all of this. So, I did the firmware flash using RSDlite and got my Droid back to 2.0.1. Then I rooted the phone and I know it worked because I got the Special Permissions thing as an App. I could also open up a terminal and type "su" and get the # instead of $. After this stopped the OTA updates by renaming that one file.

At this point I was feeling pretty confident so I decided to download/buy ROM Manager. I did the whole Flash ClockworkMod Recovery to be able to download ROMs through the app. Now, I wanted to install the Bugless Beast v0.9 because I saw some Youtube reviews and really like the looks of it. So I chose it and picked the Chevy 1Ghz for overclocking my CPU. I also made sure to check Backup current ROM, and the Wipe Cache option. When it finally restarted and finished, it was just like a blank slate. I didn't have the WiFi tether app, or the Over-clocking app like in the Youtube videos. So then I figured that maybe I needed to also install the Baseband Update. So I did this and it seems the same thing. I also noticed that my firmware is now 2.1 instead of 2.0.1.

Can anyone shed some light for me? Am I doing something wrong? Should I try a different ROM?

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

you have to buy the app for overclocking in the market. It's called setcpu.

you can download wireless tethering by searching Google for android WiFi tether, or downloading barnacle from the market.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. tmette

Thanks for the reply Fabolous!

I actually ended up going with the most recent stable version of CyanogenMod. I really like it! I also found the SetCPU app and purchased it. I have a question regarding it though. I've tried picking both the AutoDetect setting and the Motorola Droid/Milestone setting, and I can only set the CPU up to 600Mhz. I want it to be more around 900Mhz-1Ghz. How can I do this?

4. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

You need to install a different kernel. I have the same ROM and bekit LV 1.1GHZ works well on my phone.

Open ROM Manager press menu and turn on Developer Mode then go back to where you downloaded the ROM and pick your kernel. You don't have to wipe the data for this.

5. tmette

Hmm..Ok, I guess I'll have to look how to install a different kernel. I'm assuming I can do this through ROM Manager.

6. tmette

Thanks for the help!

7. tmette

Hmm...I installed the new kernel that was a bekit 5 slot Low Voltage up to 1.0Ghz...but it only lets my max now at 650Mhz.

Is this normal?

8. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

Did you select Autodetect Speeds

9. tmette

I feel like an idiot. :eek:

Thanks again!

10. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

No problem, glad I could help. :)

11. liwnd6

liwnd6 New Member

Show yourself loving concern about your health and daily life. Unless you know perfectly well when and how to do yourself a favor, you won't be confident and ready enough to resist the attack of illness.

12. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

what the f*ck?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

13. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member

Yeah, seriously. WTF^2

14. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Best post ever. :D liwnd6 FTW