Help with ROMS and kernels?

Last Updated: 2012-03-23 21:15:06
  1. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Well-Known Member

Okay, first off, sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, but to the point. My prevail has never done a system update and is still running ShabbyMod 0.9 loaded, I am planning on using Odin to upgrade with it being rooted, but i depend on a ROM for wireless tethering. My prevail has been messed up for a few months and i just got it fixed, and i've missed alot of important developments, I need somone to point me in the right direction for the things i will need to 1. Be able to add more Internal Storage
    2. Change my prl
    3. The best, and most stable ROM.
    4. Im not sure what custom kernels do, but I think it has something to do with giving the prevail more internal memory, so if anyone can point me in the right way on that too. Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me any information, and thank you devs for doing a great job working on this phone. :D

Advertisement
  2. artifactz

artifactz Active Member

Here are some steps outlined that you can follow.

1. Download -

1. PREVAIL_M820_FA19_Rooted_CWM
    2. CTMod 3.3
    Hopefully it should work. Good luck. :cool:
    SinZ Disciple likes this.
  3. N download the kernal to overclock your prevail
    SinZ Disciple likes this.
  4. Caeadas

Caeadas Well-Known Member

1. See number four

2. How to access dialer mode
    How to update prl

3. Most stable is CTmod 3.3, fastest stable is CM7, and there are several themes for them
    CTmod 3.3
    Cyanogenmod 7

4. If you are going to flash the rom, flash the most recent koumakernel while you're at it.
    Koumakernel 2.2
    Just make sure to follow the instructions on creating a SD-ext partition. When it comes to the setting for the SD-ext, there's two options: "data" just puts your /data folder on the partition and mounts it as internal memory, simpler but a little slower unless you have a fast SD card. "SSM" or the supersecretmod, mounts only /data/app to the SD-ext, and optionally will put your dalvik cache on the SD-swap. It's faster, but more complicated to do, and is not recommended for newbies (or idiots like me)
    irishobo and SinZ Disciple like this.
  5. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Well-Known Member

Okay guys! thanks for all of the help!