Root Help with Root Desire HD (No SD)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tripfisk666, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Tripfisk666

Tripfisk666 New Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I'm basically about to give up with my Desire HD. I bought it on Ebay to replace a badly damaged Galaxy S. It came cheap because the seller couldn't get the SD Card reader to work. Being somewhat of a techie, I figured I'd try to get it running as it could just be a software issue or a simple hardware issue.

Is it possible to root the phone without a working SD Card slot? It is unrooted and S-On.

I've tried just about everything I could find online.

Under Settings>Storage it reads: Total Space: Unavailable, Available Space: Unavailable, Mount SD Card: Insert an SD Card for Mounting...

I have tried multiple cards to no avail, each of which works in a PC.

Just about every process I try, it fails when it starts to send root files to the SD Card (since the phone doesn't recognize it)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. scotty85

scotty85 Well-Known Member
    VIP Member

Jul 25, 2010
    what software build is it running? what is the hboot version? is it a branded unit?

i have a manual guide here:http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...ualy-downgrade-root-inspire-4g-desire-hd.html

wich will work fine,if the phone happens to be an unbranded device,so that you dont need a gold card in order to downgrade. it flashes the downgrade ruu via fastboot in RUU mode,so the sd card isnt utilized.

a branded device will need the goldcard to be made correctly and in the phone so that the CID check is bypassed. i will wrap my brain around it for a bit,but theres no way around the gold card to run the unbranded ruu that i can think of,at the moment.

if you have some experience with adb/fastboot,plut the phone in fastboot mode,open a cmd window,and do:

fastboot getvar all

and paste that output here :)