Help with Root/flash Words?

Last Updated:

1. droidondeck

droidondeck Member This Topic's Starter

Im a noob to this, i do got a flashed droid 1 to cricket mobile. And its rooted.
    With Smoking glass 5.0.1 on 2.0.1 frm.

Anyways, i need help knowing common words they say on this site, like for the equalizer post up top, words like:

-FRG01B deodexed
    -Kangerade 5.0.9
    -Sapphire 0.8.4
    -Lithium Mod
    -BB0.4

what is these?

and whats deoodexed and odexed or the other one mean???

whats the differences between basebands, and kernals? What will changing help me out with?

Plz tell me about these.

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Apk files have respective odexes that devs use to supposedly save space. Deodexing means you convert it back to a .dex file and put it back inside the apk. This allows you to easily replace files (not having to worry about odexes), but the main point was to deodex services.jar so that you can change all text to different colors (such as the clock color to white) and to deodex services.jar, you need to deodex everything. --Credit to Berzerker from Droidforums.com

FRG01B is the buid number of the first Froyo (Android 2.2) OTA Verizon sent out to everyone owning a Motorola Droid. It was followed by FRG22D.

Baseband is software that connects your phone to your network.

Kernels are add-ons for any custom rom you install. They help you to speed up (overclock) or slowdown (underclock) your processor.

The rest of what you named are just custom roms you can install on your rooted droid. hence as you can see in my signature, i am running BBv0.4.