help with root of galaxy s2 sprint pleasee

1. Njbrodeur87

Njbrodeur87 Member

hello everyone so i got my samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g from sprint. I want to root my sprint version but all these guides i see are more for the global unlocked version everyone has. From what i see..conssdering it seems like i need to download a unscecured firmware. None of the ones is ee listed match the kernal i have...i think from what i see...and i also dont see the sprint kernal anywhere that i would flash back after using the unsecured one so i could remove the ugly caution in the beginning...any idea guys what i need to root this phone...any help would be great as im knew to this

thanks
    carlos

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

You don't need you're original kernel to remove the triangle. You need the original kernel of the one you just rooted with. So if you root cf root kh3, you need original kh3 kernel to remove triangle. Can't say how you do it as (someone else's words) I wear mine with pride.

Forgot to say you don't need to touch the firmware to root, just the kernel. Apparently its better to match you kernel to firmware but I've never had problems with mixing and matching.
  3. Njbrodeur87

Njbrodeur87 Member

hello

anyway to get the original firmware for sprint usa galaxy s2?

Reason i ask is cause i was told to root my samsung galaxy s2 and followed the guide shown here on the site. Now the rooting went perfect but i didnt even realize/think that since this is the usa model its diferent from all the others wuth the buttons on the bottom, now after rooting the buttons dont work except the back button. Unless anyone here has another idea

thanks

P.s. sorry for double post just desperate here due to my phone not working with service or anything due to this dumb mistake i made
  4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Told? Sorry my answer maybe was ambiguous. But I thought I said how to get rid of the ugly triangle. It probably don't help but I do feel kind of guilty.
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Sh*t! This is what happens when carriers insist on renaming/remodeling handsets for their own poxy marketing purposes. :mad:

Is the Sprint version known as the Epic 4G Touch? If so it has its own section here. You're stuck until a stock kernel can be found for the handset, I'm afraid.
  6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

A pre-rooted kernel has just been released by ACS - details here. I think if you flash this with Odin you'll regain service and button functionality. It might be a good idea to check with users in the Epic 4G Touch section, though.

update: I've been advised that the Zedomax kernel is fully functional and your best bet. See the XDA thread here for details and instructions.
    m4f1050 likes this.