• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [2nd Gen] Help with Rooting 7.3.1

Hey Guys,

Just bought my first tablet and want to unleash this to the Android Market for Apps.

I'm following this KB to open my Kindle up for rooting

//reviews.cnet.co.uk/ipad-and-tablets/how-to-root-the-kindle-fire-hd-50010451/

The 2 devices are detected in device manager and when i run the command "stuff\adb devices" this picks up and single device and then i run the batch file from Bin4ry and this is all successful.

With the device rooted i begin to follow this KB to download google play.

//reviews.cnet.co.uk/ipad-and-tablets/how-to-get-the-google-play-store-on-the-kindle-fire-hd-50010454

When i go into the settings > Rooting options in ES File Explorer i only have 2 options

Root Explorer and Mount File System, When i tick them both i am prompted with coshing my ROM, I select the default (HiAPK) and when i go back to ES home to move the download files over to /system/apps i get the following error

"Error SD card unmounted or not present"

And this take away my visibility of any folders, and i cant copy the files over without it due to the lack of admin permissions.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

PS: Have followed the rooting KB several times and validated my steps and everything goes without a hitch

Also i have taken the h-t-t-p out of the link as this is my first post and the forum didn't want me to post links

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones