• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with rooting and firmware

I have recently purchased an Android TV Smart Player from eBay in the UK and it has the following specs:

- CPU: Allwinner A10/ 1.2GHz Cortex-A8
- RAM: 512MB DDR3
- Storage: 4GB NAND flash
- GPU: 2D/ 3D/ OpenGL ES2.0(AMD Z430)/ OpenVG1.1(AMD Z160) 27M Tri/sec
- Internet: Wireless 802.11b/g/n, WAPI(Ralink8188), RJ45
- Expansion: SD card slot, up to 32GB
- USB: USB 2.0 data x2, support OTG, support external hard drive up to 2TB, support 2.4Ghz Wireless keyboard/mouse
- Audio: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A
- Video: MKV/WMV/ASF/MP4/3GP/3G2M4V/AVI/VOB/MJPEG/RM/RMVB/RV10/DivX/VC-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4/H.263/H.264/1280*720P HD 30 fps, 1080P/720*480 D1 30fps
- Andriod APP: BBC iPlayer, ITV Player,Netflixx, Youtube,Twitter,AngryBird,Office,Gmail,Browse,Skype and more from google market
- AV Port: HDMI, AV Composite, Optical Digitial
- CE,FCC,ROSH PASSED

I seem to have a problem when downloading torrents to External SDCard, if i use utorrent beta it does not write to extsd and i have to use the internal 2gb sdmem, if i use tTorrent it will write to extsd but the torrents do not complete and seem to take for ever to download (example 1.3gb mkv file from eztv after 24 hours using ttorrent only 0.1% downloaded)

I would ideally like to root and maybe even if available install custom ROM to this device but after extensive searching for 4 days I have found nothing.

smarttvbox1.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

and

smarttvbox2.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones