• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with rooting. Android newb here.

HTCeasar

May 18, 2010
I've been playing with my Evo now since June 4th and I'm ready to get down to business and root my Evo. Only problem is I'm not sure which is best. I read through the rooting section but it was alittle overwhelming. Toast and Fresh Enrevoked and alot of things I'm just not familiar with yet. I'm pretty familiar with jb'ing my ipod so I'm assuming Toast and Fresh are just different roots. I just have no clue which does what and which is better and all that goodness. Read alot about different roms and what not.

If anyone could explain these processes for me that would be great. I was gonna start reading up on rooting with Fresh 2.0 but have no clue what it is or means or does. Just seemed like alot more people were using it. Many thanks for any help. Peace

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones