1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Help with rooting coby kyros 7022

1. Scerw

Scerw Member

Hi all,

I've been trying all yesterday and today to root the coby kyros and am close to insanity!!!!

I've been following this guide: http://androidforums.com/mid7022-all-things-root/578593-make-your-coby-kyros-mid7022-better.html

The install-clockwork link won't work so I can't figure out what to do.

I've downloaded the update.zip and the other file and put them on the root of my sd card but when I go to System updates to update from the sd it just says "Your system is up to date" and will not give me the option to update from the sd. This is where i'm stuck.

My Android version is 4.0.3 and kernel is 2.6.35.7 -tcc.

I've also used this video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BrWSC2uiAG ##Sorry this one doesn't work
    How install android market on coby Kyros 7022 - YouTube

to install android market but it won't work right as I can't download anything. It just gets stuck at starting download. And i've tried superonclick which didn't work and z4root which I don't hink worked as I can't get access to /sbin or any of them folders.

If anyone could even point me to a starting point or give any advice I'd really appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

Here you go. This will tell you how to root your Coby Kyros 7022. Kyros 7022 Root + Recovery - YouTube

Also make sure the zip files are on the root of the sd-card

I will subscribe to his thread so any questions just post in here and I will respond as soon as I can.
  3. Scerw

Scerw Member

Thanks for the reply. I have the zip files on the root of the sd card but everytime I go to do a system update there is no option to update from sd card. It just says "Your system is up to date".
  4. OutOfPhase

I would post as comment on the creator of the video to see if he can help you more. There might be a newer update you need.
  5. Scerw

Scerw Member

Will do that. Thanks for the help.
  6. Scerw

Scerw Member

I just noticed that it mounting my nand to the /sdcard folder and my sdcard to the /mnt/storage folder. Do you think this might have anything to do with it?
  7. OutOfPhase

Yes try moving the zips to the other sdcard. Some device have sdcard (internal) and mnt/sdcard (external). the video does not state which one so I would try the other.
  8. Rouman

Rouman New Member

Hello I am even more lost than you.

I've also tried to follow the 'Make your Coby Kyros MID7022 better - Android Forums', but as the link
  9. Scerw

Scerw Member

Ok so i have the adb drivers installed and can detect my device and get to a shell. I have a couple of questions about fastboot. How do I get the device into fastboot mode? is it adb reboot bootloader? Once I have the device in fastboot mode can I just flash any recovery image to the recovery partition assuming fastboot detects my device? Do I have to unlock the bootloader or is that just for phones? Thanks for any replies.