HELP with Rooting PLZ

1. snowman110011

snowman110011 Member

I am tryin to Root my Phone... Here is What I Have done I Used ODIN to Flash knightsCrusader Kernel to phone using Recovey and Installed SuperUser From SD Card.. Now Evertime I boot my phone i have the Caution symbol, My phone is still not Rooted... If i use heimdall i get pass device detected then type heimdall flash --kernel root-zImage and just get the help menu in command prompt and my phonde does nothing what have i done or doing wrong or what have i not done Plz help i just want to get this bitch rooted thxs....

Advertisement
    :
  2. Diversebydesign

Diversebydesign Well-Known Member

Well, the caution symbol is normal. That is an indication that the kernel has been messed with. Have you tried running a root check app? There are plenty on the market.
  3. snowman110011

snowman110011 Member

Ya I've tried several of them and no luck I have flashed kernel and that is as far asi can get
  4. shrpshtr325

shrpshtr325 Well-Known Member

do you have superuser and busybox installed?
  5. snowman110011

snowman110011 Member

No I have flashed super user using the recovery menu but no root.....
  6. Diversebydesign

7. belledee

belledee Well-Known Member

I used the simplified version...but i cant seem to flash superuser. every time i tried to install the zip it said that the file cannot be opened and it is bad. Do you know how to fix this? thanks
  8. GuS807

GuS807 Active Member

Make sure to check for the correct version of SU
  9. belledee

Thanks. But it was my sd card acting up, it's a 32gb i got from china a few months back. I tried it with the 4g card that came with the phone and it works fine
  10. Diversebydesign

Ok, so does that mean your all good now?
  11. belledee

Yes it does....

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk
  12. snowman110011

snowman110011 Member

I Followed All The Steps from Here: [How-To][Guide]Rooting the Stratosphere - Simplified - RootzWiki ..... Every thing went exactly as it should installed superuser rebooted Phone I have the superuser app On my Phone but when i open it there is nothing there (no apps in List) And my phone is not rooted WHAT steps could i have possibly Missed or done wrong????
  13. dwitherell

dwitherell Well-Known Member

Have you tried to install any root-only apps?
    snowman110011 likes this.
  14. snowman110011

snowman110011 Member

I also tried wipe and format my SD card in phone and did a factory reset but still same result every time.... :(
  15. snowman110011

snowman110011 Member

Yea i have tried several root only apps they all say no root access
  16. snowman110011

snowman110011 Member

I feel like such a **** I was Installing the wrong version of superuser (donut) I Did it again using correct version of Super user And It is Now Rooted