Help with Rooting

Last Updated:

1. Grinder16

Grinder16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this is going to be alot to ask but some help would really be appreciated. As a matter of fact - if someone will post this, I will send them 2 skins for their Hero a black and a blue one. Maybe some bribery will help get me what I need.

I want to root my phone but am having problems doing so. Honestly - i dont really know what to do once rooted but do know for sure that need some pre installed apps out of there and want the new ROM to make phone faster. So - need someone to PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE take the time to document all instructions in one place to root phone, back up image, flash ROM ( i think thats what I am reading ) and any other needed step to make this happen. i am running windows XP.

I realize these answers are posted but they are all over the place and would like an idiot step by step as to how to do it all, in one place.

Would also throw in a car charger if that helps sweeten the deal.

Pretend I am an idiot when posting the how to.. Probably not hard to imagine :)

Really appreciate any help

Advertisement
  2. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

---->www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArMO5IHS2eI

Just follow the video and on the description he has the downloads you need. That's the best i can do. Click on the green box ontop of the video to go to the actual youtube website and watch it there and to get the software.

After your done with all that ontop and have nandroid backup your phone. Ask how backup once your phone has been rooted and recovery image is on there first trust me you need it. Go here download the core modaco rom and read the instruction on how to install

[CDMA] 08/11 1.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring Wavesecure - Android @ MoDaCo