• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with SD card problems.

PKUnited

Lurker
Aug 7, 2012
Ive had my HTC Desire C for a week, and I am currently trying to get pictures and music files onto my new phone from the PC. I have a SD card, and when plugged into laptop can view all files that are on the sd card. However, when looking through the phone for the files, i can not find them. I saw on another post about external file manager ASTRO. So downloaded that and can now view the files on the SD card, however, it is not possible to use these picturres and music files as wallpapers, ringtones, alarm tones etc. Also when i take pictures that save automatically to SD card, i cannot find them on the phone or view them in the gallery. How can i find and use all my files? I downloaded HTC Sync Manager onto laptop to help sync files but can't connect the phone to the HTC sync manager on laptop, it cannot find my device? ANy help would be much appreciated :)
Thank you

Hi lets see what we can do

with the gallery it should automatically find pictures on phone and sd card, so first open gallery and select menu top right this will bring up a bubble show/hide albums, select this and this will display the various albums on the phone select all or just the ones you want to view... i am assuming you have not tried this.

next for music and ring tones - easy peasy - go into music player and select the track you want to use for a ring tone then you will notice to the right of the track title are 3 horizontal dots in a circle, select this and in the menu 4 option down set as ring tone, select this you get another menu, set as phone ringtone, contact ringtone, and trim ringtone, select trim and you can cut out just the section you want, after this its easy to follow

HTC Sync manager is slow make sure you get latest (not HTC Sync) - see thread "just got phone, but there's no space"

lets see what happens first with the above..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones