• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with Sipdriod/GV/Gizmo Please

CDAdroid

Lurker
Jul 3, 2010
Afternoon All,

i'm hoping someone can provide the key piece of information that i'm obviously failing to do.

I have a Gizmo5 account setup as a phone number to be forwarded to for google voice. The test call from phone numbers will forward to Gizmo and ring on the gizmo PC application just fine (used it to confirm number)

The Gizmo dashboard actually shows all calls being placed to it.

However the problem now arrives on my Droid X. i have sipdroid installed along with google call back. The SIP accounts point to my Gizmo information, the proxy is correct and everything goes green and appears as though it would be working.

However my phone is unable to receive or place any calls, the forwarding from GV to Gizmo seems to disappear somewhere into the void, as i said earlier it works on the pc Gizmo dialer, it's just not reaching my phone now.. So ideas on this would be great.

Second issue: when trying to place a call out using google call back it tries to connect to the call back number of Gizmo and then just also disappears into the void. I assume the two are obviously related as somehow communication between Gizmo and Sipdroid is failing even though registration was successful.

So, i'm all ears to any possible ideas, i welcome and appreciate all help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones