Help With Soft Screen ProtectorAccessories

Last Updated:

1. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've looked at a bunch of threads regarding screen protectors, but I'm still stumped. I'm new to the whole smartphone thing but I think I've managed so far after buying a used captivate this week. The phone came with an full body screen protector. The screen protector is clear and glossy, but its soft. Its not the usual hard plastic screen protectors you see on cell phones everywhere these days. The material reminds me very much, if not the same as those clear plastic films that feature a cartoon character in which kids stick on their windows. I believe they are called window stickers/decals. I like this film quite a bit and I can't get in contact with the original owner to find out what it is exactly.

Does anybody have any ideas what type of full screen protector this is and where I can get them? I'm living in canada. Some information that might be helpful is that the original owner purchased the phone from AT&T and unlocked it. Th film all around is clear except for the piece on the back cover which is black.

Thank you everybody for your help!

Advertisement
  2. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

I tried a few different screen protectors on my Captivate too, can't remember the names, but I got them off Amazon. But all of them seemed to make the screen quality look horrible. So I'm back to sporting one with out them. So far I haven't made one scratch on the screen. And I'm rough on phones. Dropped it a few times and nothing happened to the screen at all.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Not sure, but Phantom Skinz make the best screen protectors imho. And I've used them all pretty much.

I've just seen a few posts in the last few days from owners of nice Android phones bemoaning the fact they didn't use screen protectors and ended up with ugly scratches on their phones. I hope marefin will not fall into that group but I think it's only a matter of time.

Be smart, spend a little bit of money to protect the screen.

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Does the protector have an "orange peel" look to it? If so, it is likely a zagg invisible shield or similar product. If it is a zagg, and you are having problems with it, if you can produce a proof of purchase, they will send you a new one for free.

5. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

If you take some good macro pictures and post them we can probably tell you what it is.

6. iffrett

I'm having difficulty taking pictures since its really glossy. But it does kind have a wavely texture when looked at a low angle. is this what you mean by orange peel look?
    Either way, I dont have the proof of purchase because it came on the phone when I bought it. I just wanted to get another one so I can put it on nicely. The previous owner didn't position it well and theres some dust particles collecting on the edges.

7. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Well take a look at some pics/video of Zagg invisible shiled. They are all over the web and on YouTube. By your description, it sounds to me like this is what you have though.

8. iffrett

It does look like the Zagg, but are there any other products out there that is similar and more cost effective? I also noticed a scratch on the screen protector, so I don't think its Zagg

9. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

I'm using Zagg invisible shiled. [​IMG]

10. iffrett

I've noticed a few scratches so it might not be Zagg afterall...

11. mikeaustin

mikeaustin Member

Me
    Me too. Love it, not to everyone's taste but I'm very pleased with it. I like the softer feel of the screen and the protection, and frankly the look.

Pos rec from me.

12. Divadkab

Divadkab Active Member