• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with switching service (huawei m835)

Jamez369

May 29, 2012
Hi, I recently bought a huawei m835 from a person on craigslist and when I tried switching my service to it it didnt work. On the phone under status the service state says in service but under mobile network it says disconnected. I tried contacting the person but no reply, is there any way I can switch the service to that phone? Btw my carrier is metro pcs thanks

Hi, I recently bought a huawei m835 from a person on craigslist and when I tried switching my service to it it didnt work. On the phone under status the service state says in service but under mobile network it says disconnected. I tried contacting the person but no reply, is there any way I can switch the service to that phone? Btw my carrier is metro pcs thanks

does it have a custom rom on it?

Upvote 0
For anyone else looking for a solution, you have three options to switch a phone on metro pcs:

Option 1 - Call the automated phone switch number *228 I think thats it and follow the directions, easy. Or you can go through customer service *611
How to Switch My Metro PCS Service to Another Metro PCS Phone | eHow.com

Option 2 - Diy for advanced users, dont understand it myself but here: How to program a MetroPCS phone manually

Option 3 - go to metro pcs in person, and shell out ten dollars for them to call the same number above.

Another note and correct me if I'm wrong, but all my friends who switched a non metro phone to their metro acct had limited functionality. Like no web.

My first post on androidforums yay!:D
-edit second post in AF yay.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones