Help with syncing before updating

Last Updated:

1. BlueGurl1407

BlueGurl1407 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to sync my phone before updating to 2.1, but none of my calendar entries after January are syncing. I am trying to sync with outlook through htc sync, and I have also checked google for my events there. Is there some setting that I may be missing, or am I just not doing it right? Also, is there a way to sync all of my contacts with either google and/or windows? I don't know how my contacts got split up, but it's kind of annoying having to search for them. My last question, for now, are there any other items that I should sync before updating?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I haven't tried to sync my calendar using htc sync before but I have done contacts. I used Outlook and pulled down my contacts from the phone to Outlook. Make sure that the htc sync settings are correct before you do this because I accidentally deleted all my contacts from the phone when it synced the other way.

3. BlueGurl1407

I kinda figured out what I did wrong, but is there a way to fix it? I have been putting all of my events on the "my calendar" calendar, not knowing that it didn't sync. Is there any way to sync it with anything?? Are there any good applications that back up? I don't want to lose all of my events

4. wallyy

wallyy Well-Known Member

Lookout app! Surprisingly, I thought my old events on my HTC calendar are definitely gone, but after I ran a restore, they showed up on my new HTC calendar.

5. BlueGurl1407

I have Lookout, but it doesn't backup the calendar :(

6. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

I always backup my info on Google. That way I know it is also online.

Sent from my Sprint HTC Hero with Tapatalk.