Help with tasker

1. Ghost10bxl

Ghost10bxl Well-Known Member

I would like tasker to do this for me:

1) WiFi on at home, but cell near doesn't work, i don't want to use GPS either. What's the best possible way.

2)Turn volume up when I'm out, ( I have a silent profile for school, so is it possible to do it outside those hours)

3) This one is regarding Silent profile for school, i want tasker to keep it silent from Monday-Friday from 8 AM - 4 PM but on Monday and Thursday, i come at 5 so how to keep an alternate for that

4) Turn on Mobile Data when not connected to WiFi, but turn off Mobile data when Display is off and turn it back on when display is on

5) How to find my phone when I can

Advertisement
    :
  2. tatootie67

tatootie67 Well-Known Member

I'll help you with number 4 .there are many ways to do this though

New profile.
    Context State wifi not connected
    Context State display on

Task
    Turn mobile data on.

New profile
    Context state wifi not connected
    Context state display off

Task
    Turn mobile data off.
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

1) Wi-Fi near
  4. tatootie67

tatootie67 Well-Known Member

5. Ghost10bxl

I still need help any answers, @tatootie67 I didn't understand what you said sorry i am a beginner tasker user, need a detailed answer
  6. bberryhill0

Open Tasker and start playing around. It's impossible to explain if you don't know what profiles, contexts, and tasks are.
  7. Ghost10bxl

I know what profiles tasks and contexts are!
  8. bberryhill0

It's really clear to me. What didn't you understand?
  9. Ghost10bxl

Firstly, there's no such thing as "WiFi not connected" how am i meant to invent that?

Secondly if you know so much about tasker and you understand what he said why don't you answer all of my questions and explain it?
  10. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Hey there!

This thread's title is "Help.....", so let's take that to heart and give the OP some helpful advice. ;)

My 'Top Tip':

Spend some time browsing the material in the Tasker Wiki. I used this walkthrough to build my own profile to accomplish #1, then found examples elsewhere on the site that let me switch wifi on or off dependant on location determined by cell tower and/or GPS location.

I'm one of those people who finds it much easier to learn stuff by deconstructing it, so once I saw how a simple profile worked I was off and running. :D
  11. alackman

alackman Well-Known Member

This was the same for myself,I downloaded a few tasks from the wiki and then went through them making sure I understood each step and changing certain values one at a time. I then built a simple one for myself and the confidence then grows from here. Don't even bother trying to work with variables until you can do rudimentary profiles. My opinion about tasker is that there is no point just getting someone else to write the profiles for you as you will always be asking for help for the same problems. As above, put on a profile and then experiment with changing values, times, volumes, brightness etc
    bberryhill0 likes this.
  12. bberryhill0

Check invert.