Help with Tmobile contract!

Last Updated:

1. Ryan33569

Ryan33569 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I currently have a G1 with T-mobile. I am looking to get out of this contract to switch to either a Evo or Droid X, but can't afford the $199.99 cancellation fee. I am currently able to renew my contract, so I was thinking of renewing and getting the Samsung Vibrant for $200 and selling it on Ebay. The amount I would make for this phone would not only pay my cancellation fee but also it would pay for my new phone. Is there anything in the T-mobile contract that would make me keep the phone for a certain amount of time before I could cancel? In other words if the phone sells tonight could I just cancel tomorrow, pay the $200, and be done with them or would I have to take back or pay back the phone?

Advertisement
  2. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

3. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

When you sign a new contract, as a new user, is there a grace period that you can cancel the account without the ETF? Like if you don't like the service or whatever, you have up to 30 days?

4. Cycrow

Cycrow Member

I think it's 14 days (30 days in CA)

5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

you really would rather pay all those extra fees that come with the evo? scew that

6. niea

niea Active Member

OP, be certain this applies also to renewed contracts and not just new contracts. There could be a difference.

7. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

How long have you had your G1 and current t-mobile contract. You guys know the ETF is prorated right? it goes down from 200 as the months roll by. For example if you been with them 1yr 6 months, you might have to pay only 50 bucks, call and find out.