1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Trying to Upgrade early

Last Updated:

1. olsonizme

olsonizme New Member

I need some Help with trying to upgrade our current contract with ATT without paying an arm and a leg.

My daughter (17) would like the next Galaxy3 which is on sale at BESTBUY this week for $49.(Att price is $199) I would love to get this deal, but here is the catch.. our upgrade eligibility isn't until 1/5/13 . (I know that it is not too far off- but I wanted this for a Christmas present)

I have a few questions.

1. Is it even possible to upgrade (non iphone) for this deal? I understand there may be a early termination fee-- how do I find out what it is? I am afraid if I call ATT and ask-- there will be questions that I wont know how to answer. ( like a school kid trying to do somethign they shouldn't)
    I was thinking the early termination fee might be worth it to get the phone deal.

2. We currently have 2 smartphones, 2g data plan each phone, shared 550 minutes (never use) and unlimited text for about $120/month. Will I be able to keep the same deal. (my understanding is there is no longer a 2g data plan as an option).

3. Would it be better to add a line?? then do some kind of switching in Jan?? we only need to phones though- so not sure this would work.

4. I am able to wait for the upgrade in Jan- so by doing this deal for her now will that screw me in Jan?

5. Can I call Att and get the same deal as BB is offering ($49 for the phone)

Just trying to find the best deal
    Any help would be MOST appreciated!!

Advertisement
  2. TgeekB

TgeekB Well-Known Member

Just call them and ask. They have given me early upgrades before.