1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with turn by turn nav

Last Updated:

1. 12ozLite

12ozLite New Member This Topic's Starter

hey everyone,
    I'm a long time visitor first time poster. I was hoping you could help me out. I am going to buy my first android phone "incredible". Is there any Nav programs that will announce turns over hands free or do you have to do BT streaming. I would like to listen to my ipod in the car and allow the nav unit break in with turn guidance. I don't think it's possible, but I thought if anyone would know they'd be here.
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

The google navigation that comes with the unit will stop your audio and announce your turns and then go back to your regular program. It will play through your phone's speakers, or through your car stereo if you connect through the AUX jack. Don't know about BT because my car doesn't have it. It should work.

12ozLite likes this.
  3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "break in." Do you want it to stop the ipod while it is saying directions? If you use the phone to play music and do the navigation it will stop the music to say the directions. If you are playing the ipod through the car stereo, the nav directions would just play through the speakerphone and you would have to have it loud enough to hear over the music.

12ozLite likes this.
  4. 12ozLite

12ozLite New Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to have any ipod connected to the head unit via a cable. then use the stereos hands free to alert me of turns. I know i can use bt streaming and use the music on the phone, but i have a ton of music.

5. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

I somehow missed the part about the iPOD. Do you use your iPOD now in the car? How did your system handle an incoming phone call from your old phone? The navigation voice on the Incredible should be handled the same way as an incoming call.

I did have a bit of a glitch last night when I was running navigation, listing to the baseball game with MLB at-bat and got an incoming call. My caller could hear the ballgame and the navigation directions. This was on an Eris running a leaked version of 2.1. Hopefully will be smoother on a brand-new Incredible.