Help with updating my Application!

Last Updated:

1. FreedomAmerica

FreedomAmerica New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I am now, like most people, new to app inventor. I am currently creating a News Application and i am wondering if there is a way for my application to automatically update users with the current news that i put out without everyone needing an updated version of my app every time i change a headline?:confused: Help from more experienced users would be nice. Thank you for your time in responding :)

Advertisement
  2. Rob.177870

Rob.177870 Member

If you are producing news, you could do it the way every other news site does it, by uploading your news to a web site and giving people a program which uses the web interface provided to read that news and display it.

However, if you *really* don't want to do that, another option (depending on your calling plan) might be to maintain an SMS or email mailing list of people who download your program, and use the facilities provided to read received SMSs or emails to get your news updates out of those messages. However, if the number of users gets high, this could be problematic with volume communication, and of course people would have to give them your details in order to be able to do this, which some might not want to do.

3. aguywithathing

aguywithathing Member

Make your application obtain it's news from a "feed", best thing to do would be to use JSON in Java

Set up the feed on a web server using PHP and MySQL for example, then to update the news on for your application, you simply update the database