Help with updating my HTC Wildfire S!Support

Last Updated: 2012-04-23 12:20:54
  1. NicholeDecayed

NicholeDecayed New Member

So here's the thing: This is the first time I've tried to use HTC Sync with my phone, mainly because I'm trying to update it to the new software that is supposed to free up a bunch of internal memory and actually make the phone usable. I downloaded HTC Sync off of the HTC website (I did this because HTC Sync wasn't on my memory card because I swapped the original one for a bigger memory card) and I plugged my phone up, but when I select "HTC Sync" on the USB menu, it can never find the Sync I have installed on my computer. I'm wondering if it's necessary to use HTC Sync to update my phone, since I have my contacts on My Contacts Backup, and my photos and music all in files on my PC.

Advertisement
  2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

Install Instructions this should help you it seems you havenot installed the drivers on your computer read everything you can on the subject devices arent cheap also the guys at xda have created a htc super tool and some solutions for your phone
  3. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure what you are trying to do but....To update your phone you do not need HTC sync, you should be able to do an update via your phone:

Settings > about phone > Software update (make sure you are on wifi unless you have a good data plan!)

If you are trying to root your phone and install something like Apps2SD you need to look in these forums for the guide to rooting the WFS using the HTC Dev tools.