Help with Vibrant unlockingSupport

Last Updated:

1. rml4uk

rml4uk New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 15, 2010
    So, I got a brand new Vibrant off of someone on Craigslist. The box still had the sticker seal on it, the included sim card had not been used, everything was still sealed in plastic, and so on. I got the Vibrant with the intention of unlocking it to AT&T. Little did I now that the newest firmware (JI6) blocks the Galaxy S Unlock tool. That's okay though. I bought an unlock code from and got it the next day. The only problem is there is nowhere to input the code. Supposedly, when I put in an unsupported SIM card, a window is supposed to pop up asking for a password (the unlock code). That doesn't happen. No matter what sim card I put in (T-Mobile, AT&T, AT&T micro SIM w/adapter), nothing happens on the screen. However, no matter what I do there is a little SIM card icon in the status bar with a red exclamation point next to it. What does that mean? Also, even when there is not a SIM card in the phone, it shows that I have signal, most of the time full bars. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone help me? I really want to keep this phone but if I can't use it as a phone it's pointless.