HELP with Voice chat using GoogleTalk/TALKATONE w Samsung PrevailGeneral

1. KarrieJoyne

KarrieJoyne New Member

I have recently purchase a Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy Prevail and it comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread.

I want to use the phone to talk (I don't care much about video chat) to my brother who is in the Marine.

When I open Google Talk, it only has the message chat. There isn't an option to call.

So I went to Google Play and attempt to install TALKATONE but It says not supported.

Did I do something wrong? How do I call using my gmail account to my brother who is stationed overseas?

I know my last option is to install Skype in my Samsung Prevail and my brother's iphone. I would rather stay with google if I can.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Well-Known Member

i thought google talk was gone. i use google voice. it gives the options to call or text over network or wifi.
  3. miked0602

miked0602 Well-Known Member

Yes google talk is not what it was.
    You have to sign up, meaning log in with your gmail account from your phone
    http://voice.google.com sign in and add number to your account.

You can either add a new number for Gvoice or use your existing cell phone number.
    Once you do that you have the option to add money to your account for making phone calls....

OR to do what you would like.
    Get GrooVeIP, which is a VoIP apk that uses google voice and you can make calls without needing to add credits!