• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Wallpaper and Go launcher

zealouz

May 26, 2011
Texas
I can't get the image I created to be my wallpaper properly. The picture keeps getting distorted. I am only using one home screen because I use app organizer...so I have the wallpaper scrolling off. I have tried and tried to fit the image to the screen without distortion but to no avail. Does anyone know how to use an image as wallpaper without distorting it in anyway?

Thanks in advance.

I think that the GO Launcher uses the standard Android wallpaper resolution, which is 960 x 800. There are a few wallpaper resizing apps on the market.

Thanks for the response...Knowing the resolution did the trick. Created the document in PS to 960x800, dived into thirds with guides and placed my image in the middle. Perfect fit!

Upvote 0
Android wallpaper is a two edged sword. It is technically more sophisticated, with its scrolling and "live" versions, but it is also fragmented. FWIW, Sense 3.0 (my ROM is based on a leaked version of it) breaks the scrolling wallpaper and replaces it with a 3D carousel for the home screens (like some Linux desktop switchers), and no longer scrolls. It breaks the live wallpapers--I was partial to the weather one. It also seems to revert to a native screen resolution from what I can tell when applying it. Of course, the actual sense 3.0 release may change all of this entirely!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones