1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Help With Weather APP

Last Updated:

1. witchking39

witchking39 Member This Topic's Starter

OK let me try to explain...I tap weather icon, get current location no city name and the weather info, I then tap "+" hit my location and it finds my city Corning NY, I add this to the weather app, I close out and hit weather app again and now I have to locations, the one that says current location and the one that says Corning NY, both weather datas are the same. My question is how to I delete or get rid of the current location weather data screen and have only the Corning NY screen when I open the weather app? The data for both is the same but I don't want 2 locations(one named) for the same data. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Ramshackle

Ramshackle Well-Known Member

Not sure which app your using so i'll guess at the answer. I think what you are seeing is your current location (Corning) and the location you saved (also Corning) which is why it appears twice. If for example you went to Detroit then it would display the weather in Detroit (your current location) and Corning (your saved location).

Hope this helps.

3. ninnabj

ninnabj New Member

I have the same problem. I have my location and Aarhus, where I live. The thing is though, they are not the same. There is temperature difference, when it snows here it only says so on Aarhus screen, not the current location and so on. Getting pretty desperate, very close to ditching the widget all together.

4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

You don't mention your device or which weather app so its hard to answer. There is probably an option somewhere to "use current location". If you uncheck that it should only display saved location.

5. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Your device is probably pulling location data from the cell tower in a nearby town. You may need to give the weather app permission to use GPS data to set location. Also, I have seen cases where the cell tower location was incorrectly placed in Google's database but that's probably unlikely.

6. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

The local one is default. If you don't have GPS turned on, that's the forecast you get.
    It might get which local from phone tower. I get a high school that is fairly close to my home as default, but if I lived on the other side of town, it might be a different tower.

If you use the some weather apps on the computer, they request zip code.

7. maggymiran

maggymiran New Member

I'm only using sunpreview.com as a shortcut on my screen desktop. simple, fast, no keyboard entry, no GPS enabled and it provides 365 days forecast. well it's global, ok, but it's enough for me