Help with WifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. oct_7

oct_7 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have just got my X10. At first I managed to connect to my access point. However, after a few times the connection were dropped, due to auto disconnect when screen is off, I could not connect to my access point any longer. It keeps saying that Not in range, even if I put my phone beside the router.

Anyone having the same issue? Anyone knows the solution?

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. Iantson67

Iantson67 New Member

Hi had the same problem then i found something in the settings that seems to fixed it for me.
    If you hit the menu key then go to settings, Then wireless controls, then wifi settings, at this screen hit the menu key again then go to advanced, then wifi sleep policy from the pop up list select NEVER your phone will return to wifi settings again, then hit the menu key again and hit save then you

3. andrec54

andrec54 New Member

Iantson67,
    Doesn't that kill your battery life?
    You shouldn't have to do this, I've had the X10 for months as a tester and I have had this issue very sporadically but not often. It seems to have more to do with the router than the phone in my experience. My Laptop looses connection sometimes too.

4. oct_7

oct_7 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Ian, Thanks for the suggestion. I set it to Never if plugged in, but did not help. In way, I think it is related to the router. I managed to get hold of another router for a day, and did not have any issue at all. I think it is time to replace my router.

5. Mxtc

Mxtc Well-Known Member

Quick question. My Phone's wifi always turns on when I am around a hotspot that I use, but I don't want this because it seems to drain battery life. Even if I cut the wi-fi off, it'll cut back on in a few minutes. How do I stop this?