help with youtubeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Musclehead84

Musclehead84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am having trouble playing YouTube videos on the application and the website. It will play about half the video and then it says there was an error and it just stops. It does it on the market app and when using the browser. Does it on wi fi and 3g. I've true hard rests reinstalling to no avail. It pretty bad I have to use my wifes hero to watch YouTube videos. Anyone know whats going on? I can play short videos like under 5 minutes ok but any longer and its like the phone stops downloading and when the.video catches up to that point I get error. I am still in my 30 day window so is it my phone or is everyone having problems? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

can you provide a link to some of the videos you are having issues on and I will try it out.

3. Musclehead84

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Thank you I will check it out from the phone

5. Musclehead84

Thank you. My phone plays like anywhere from half to three quarters and then says there was a problem playing the video. It's all video over like 5 mins

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

currently I am 10 minutes in, on wifi with no issues at all, watching via stock browser. I am going to let it finish and then try 3g

7. Musclehead84

I tried it on wi fi and 3g and did it on both. Thanks for your help I appreciate it. If your phone plays it ok on both and I've tried everything like resets, clear cache and data etc. Then us there something wrong and I should get another. I have 5 days left before my 30 days is up.

8. Musclehead84

Also the whole time the video us playing before I get sorry this video can't be played the video skips and stops and is terrible

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

wifi works fine in browser and youtube app...3g...won't load which matches what I have been experiencing over 3g (and 4g for that mater) for about a week now.

I am not sure what is going on with the network in my area (I have been all over DFW in the past 5 days) but 3g has been awful, as well as 4g

10. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

try resetting your wifi router(unplug for a few minutes and replug it in) and try wifi again

11. Musclehead84

I'll try again with the router. YouTube works just fine on my wires hero. What do you think I should do?

12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

try again with the router. Hero's have been reported to retain signal slightly better than the evo but I don't own one to test this out.

If you continue to have the issue, and it persists at different location 5 or more miles apart I would take the phone in

13. Musclehead84

Thanks for all of your help Mr. Ed. I went to my docs today and its like 20 mins from my house and I was able to play like 5 videos no problem. Do you think its just my connection? I just dont get why it would do it on WiFi as well at my house. I usually get allot 10 down speed on my phone with my WiFi.

14. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

something seems to be interfering with your connection when you are at home all of the sudden

15. dreahdreah

dreahdreah Well-Known Member

every now and then i will get the video can not be played or it will play for so long then stop playing. also when i use the youtube widget, i noticed when i put what im searching for in and press search..i have to back out a gazillion times from all my previous searches/viewed video's and research then it comes out..anyway around this?

16. Musclehead84

That is so annoying when watching a 20 min. Video and 15 mins in it says video cannot play and u have to start all over. I guess I'm not the only one. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't my phone cause if it was I'm still in my 30 days and I can go exchange it but sou ds like it's not my phone and just connection problems.