• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP.. won't boot after root attempt

I have Galaxy s2 SGH-I777. I have tried to root it, now it dont want to boot up. any ideas on how to fix???:thinking:

Hello and welcome, jdall.

We very seldom move posts/threads out of the Introductions area, but this seems like a prime exception as your stated issue is a non-functional device which you identify as the AT&T version of the S2.

I've placed your query here in the All Things Root area for that device where it'll be exposed to other users of the same one, many who have dealt with that very same issue. ;)

Please be patient, we'll be seeing responses here. :)

Meanwhile, please post details on your rooting method and what you've flashed and what instructions you used in the process.

Reactions: jdall
Upvote 0
i have faced the same issue.
I tried to root my at&t galaxy s2 i777 but after rooting it did not start and show the "Samsung Galaxy S 2" image only and did not go further.
My mobile details are as given : -

Model no. SGH- I777
Android version 4.0.3
Baseband version
I777UCLC2
Kernel version
3.0.15-I777UCLC2-CL170259 se.infra@SEP-91 #3
Build No. - IML74K.117

The method i used is as follows: -
Use odin 3V1.85
pressed vol up and down key with the switch off button.
ODIN showed a yellow sign,
Clicked PDA and select"siyah-v3.4.2-nomswap-i777.tar" file
Processing showed done but my mobile did not start,

After that i used "I777UCLC2.exe" to give my phone life now it is working and the details are given above.

I want to root my phone and i think after it only, i can install jellybean on my mobile.

Please somebody help me.

I'll be very obliged.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones