Help...Won't let me put movie on phone???Support

Last Updated:

1. LittleMissKaylie

LittleMissKaylie Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to put a full length movie onto my Moment. It is an mpg4 file. Only 1GB. I have a 8GB card. I drag and drop the file into the folder and it starts to download. When it is done it says that the 1GB file is there. When I unhook my phone from the computer it is nowhere to be found. When I hook my phone back up to the computer the "file" is still there but it says it is 0GB. Any help would be great!

Advertisement
  2. LittleMissKaylie

LittleMissKaylie Member This Topic's Starter

sorry if this has already been asked.....

3. Iforgit

Iforgit Well-Known Member

I didn't have any problems getting mine on the phone, there was a little bit of a learning curve going from DVD to a mpg4 file.

You can always try copy and paste, that's normally how I move my stuff rather than drag and drop. Other than that I'm stumped on what the problem might be.

4. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

First thing I'd try is putting the card in a card reader and doing it that way. If it works, you know it's not a problem with the card.

5. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Your screen name? First name? If so and you were my daughter(or wife, mother , etc) you'd be Kaylie Kaylie. :D

I've moved large files to/from my card without issue so it's not a general android/moment problem. Check the card out in a reader. Even if it checks out, you might try backing up the card and reformatting it.

6. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

yeah... playing video is the ONE thing i have NEVER had a problem doing on my moment. i just drag and drop, wait for it to transfer and boom.