HELP! wont play music through Auxiliary Input???Support

1. peaches888

peaches888 New Member

My droid will play music throught its speaker at a decent volume but when i want to plug it into auxiliary input jack for car speakers it will just keep playing through the phone speaker like it doesnt even detect any audio input. My OG droid never had any problems with this. Can anyone please help me out with this issue? Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member Contributor

The obvious debugging question... does your new Droid play properly through earphones or a headset? In other words, is this problem specific to your car, or does the Droid not work properly with anything plugged into it?
  3. glennj

glennj Well-Known Member

I had the same problem the first time I tried to plug my D3 in to external speakers via the 3.5" headphone jack. I thought the phone's jack was broken. I had the phone in the blacknobbyrubber Verizon case, though, and I noticed that the 3.5" plug was being slightly blocked by the case. When I removed the case's back part, the plug would then fit all the way in, the internal squeeker went off and the external system started playing the music clear and fine.

Or you could really have a defect in your D3 hardware. I would try headphones, making sure the plug is seating all the way. If the internal speaker does not stop making noise, then the phone doesn't see that anything is plugged into the headphone jack.

Glenn
  4. peaches888

peaches888 New Member

I havent tried earbuds or a headset but i have tried aux to aux through an aftermarket stereo in a boat and have tried cassette to aux in a car and neither have worked. I dont have a case so i know it is being pushed in all the way. Thanks for the response's i will have to try some headphones and see if those work.
  5. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

and what has happened since the 17th? did yu try earbuds? did you get a new phone? im curious! do hope that in the end everything worked out
  6. luckyudesign

luckyudesign New Member

Did you have the charger plugged into our phone too? That's the only way I can get mine to work but then I get a whine from my car through my speakers also.........