Help would be appreciated (Concerning Unrevoked3)

Last Updated:

1. Roxxer69

Roxxer69 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

Decided to root my phone after extensive research and I am having trouble getting it rooted through unrevoked. Heres the deal.

I have my phone in USB Debug mode, on charge only, all the correct drivers are installed (to my knowledge). I know a lot of people screw up because of the drivers issue but I have read ever post I've found and it seems to me that I have the proper package.

I start the process using unrevoked3. Simultaneously I watch my Device Manager window because I believe this is where the problem lies. First the device manager shows my android phone listed as "Android Composite ADB Interface", as unrevoked starts running it successfully enters HBOOT and the Device Manger then shows my driver as "Android Bootloader Interface". After it does its thing my phone automatically resets and then it prepares to root. Unrevoked says its Running Root, then it shows the Composite Driver again. Then it says "waiting for root" but then my Deivce Manager flashes like it is loading another driver but nothing shows up and it gets stuck in "waiting for root". This happen right when the phone says "Droid" when it boots up and the driver disappears once the droid logo pops up. I then reset my phone again and unrevoked claims it couldn't root but this happens so try it again. However now my Device manager doesn't acknowledge my phone.

I tried this on windows xp and windows 7. Everything goes smoothly until the end of the process when my Device Manager does not pick up my Android driver for some reason. Any advice? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jsuh

jsuh Well-Known Member

The issue is the latest November OTA, which prevents you from running root especially if you have S-OFF.

There are alternative ways of obtaining S-OFF and root. I have written up an article to help you do so: Root Your Droid Incredible! (For AMOLED now) | JonSuh.com

Hopefully this helps

Roxxer69 likes this.
  3. Roxxer69

Thanks for the reply. Do you think there will be another root for 2.3? Think it will be easier than downgrading your phone? I want to try the way you said in your article but I'm afraid I might mess something up....mostly with the cmd prompt stuff. is there a high risk for me bricking my phone if I type in a command line wrong?

4. Joevarm

Joevarm Active Member

Unrevoked is working on a fix. If your comfort level for jsuh's fix isn't high you may want to wait for the unrevoked team, they should have it out soon. Keep your eye on the forums to learn when its up and running.

5. sumfknguy

sumfknguy Active Member

Roxxer, just wait it out a few days. The guys over at Unrevoked are working on a fix for the NOV OTA issue. I just traded a Sammy Fascinate for a Dinc two days ago and find myself in the same boat as you... from what I read, it's in the works and just going through testing and such..

Monitor this twitter account from them:
    unrevoked dev team (unrevoked) on Twitter

When they announce a fix, I'm sure this sub forum will be crawling with posts concerning it. =)

6. Roxxer69

awesome, thanks for the feedback. I tried setting up the ADB and couldn't get the command prompt to recognize it as a command, so I just stopped there so I wouldn't screw up my phone. thanks again, I'll just wait for a new release.