• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[help] xperia x10 resetting urgent!

HELLO WHO CAN HELP ME MY X10 IS RESETTING ALL THE TIME AND IF I DO NOT KNOW AND BATTERY OR CELL HELP ME? I was with [ROM] Wolf Xperia Gingerbread TW 2.3.3 + V6 Gamer Rom (update 2/10/11) i started getting Reveta reset itself to 2.1 but still the same thing

just when I got android 2.1 it took 1 minute off? When it binds outraa & I boot the usb cable it hangs on and off?

help me
: (

HELLO WHO CAN HELP ME MY X10 IS RESETTING ALL THE TIME AND IF I DO NOT KNOW AND BATTERY OR CELL HELP ME? I was with [ROM] Wolf Xperia Gingerbread TW 2.3.3 + V6 Gamer Rom (update 2/10/11) i started getting Reveta reset itself to 2.1 but still the same thing

just when I got android 2.1 it took 1 minute off? When it binds outraa & I boot the usb cable it hangs on and off?

help me
: (

Try flashing back to stock.

Install the right version from here:

[Download] All X10 Firmwares - xda-developers

I installed X10a_3.0.1.G.0.75_AMERICA-US GENERIC 1233-8200.zip (140.5 MB)

Then once I made sure that stock version was working....I tried again.

Let us know what happens when you try and flash to stock.

When flashing to boot into flashmode, remove battery, plug in USB cable to PC and phone. Then when it says to hold back and plug in....hold the back button and pop the battery in. Sometimes it helps to remove the battery for a few seconds.

Upvote 0
I had this. It was definitely a heat issue: when the phone overheats the only thing it can do to cool itself down is to reboot (it has no active or passive cooling).

Do you find that it is worse when charging? The way I managed to 'force' mine to reset was to plug it in and play around with Google Maps for a couple of mins and, voila, the phone would reset. It would also get extremely hot.

After being sent off to Vodafone for them to update the software to the exact same FW I had when I sent it off, they then said it was fixed. It wasn't!
I then took it into a Vodafone shop and the guy went out back, picked up a new X10 still in it's unopened box, and gave that to me. He obviously took my faulty one away.

So, my advice is to ring up the customer service for your operator and try doing it that way. The handset itself might be out of warranty with the manufacturer but, if you are still within your providers contract period - 12/18/24 months etc - then it is their obligation (in the UK anyway) to take the phone and see if they can fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones