• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Help! Yellow Brick Sprint Logo on start up

redstepchild

Jan 11, 2012
so I rooted just fine. :p

Took it a step further, and tried QBKING77 video for Native Wifi and i must've pasted the wrong ODEX and SERVICES Jar. :eek:

When I boot up, my phone stops on the yellow sprint logo screen "Yellow Brick". :(

I tried the factory reset option via holding Pwr/vol up on boot, but no go. :mad:

:thinking:I have no idea how to flash rom or any of that terminology ya'll use. I do have that nifty Oden program, and I can get my phone into downloading mode, but I don't know how to use it to install or boot and fix this.

I dove in the deep water but I dont know how to swim ;-( :thinking:

love it!! Has a video!! my hero!
[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L720 MDC (MDC Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

No backup.. i suppose I need to get Titan. B/U and figure out how to do that if I am going to be going wild wild west on my phone.

I think you need a nandroid backup first - that is critical for you to be able to restore your phone to the state that it was when it was working.
Titanium backup is for backing up (and restoring) individual apps - different than nandroid backup.

You can create a nandroid backup from your custom recovery (TWRP or CWM are the more popular ones)

The first thing to do after rooting would be to install a custom recovery, and the very next thing to do would be to perform a nandroid backup. Till then, I would suggest not flashing any new ROM or changing any system files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones