1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Help YouTube preloading video not availabel offline mode?

1. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Hello!

I need to download some YouTube videos to my phone, but there's no proper option(I search the internet, but can't find a good solution). Finally I decided to enable YouTube app "Preloading" option. I use preload watch later video. After that I added few videos to "Watch Later" and wait for a few hours. But it doesn't pre-load. Why is that?

How to I use preload option. :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

AFAIK there isn't a download option in the official Youtube app. Try a Youtube downloader app. Seems to be quite a few to choose from. Unfortunately I can't test them myself as Youtube is blocked, and Youtube doesn't allow the use of a proxy because of geographical restrictions(US only content).

BTW I often download videos from the Chinese video sites for offline viewing later, but I always do it on my PC and then copy the videos to my phone and tablet.
    Andima likes this.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

For downloading YouTube videos you'd use the video player arcMedia Pro from PlayStore.

When you tap on a YouTube link then you'll get the choice 'YouTube' and 'arcMedia Download' :)

Harry
    Andima likes this.
  4. Andima

Andima Well-Known Member

Thanks you friends your replies. I'll try those apps. But i can't find "YouTube downloader" app on play store market.

So can you please tell me what happen to the YouTube preloading option? Why my videos not preloaded. I didn't add music videos etc to watch later, I added some gadget reviews on Phonearena.com channel to my watch later list. I used normal internet connection without proxy or VPN.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Might not be available on Google Play, given that Youtube is a Google property. More than likely they want people to watch them online, and not downloading them. Youtube download apps are available on: SlideME | Android Apps Market: Download Free & Paid Android Applications Search for "Youtube downloader" or "Youtube download".
    Andima likes this.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Google don't like YouTube videos be downloaded.
    Therefore you won't find these apps like TubeMate in PlayStore anymore.

arcMedia hasn't this YouTube download option explicitly in its app discription in PlayStore ... might be the reason for not banned from PlayStore ;)

Harry
    Andima likes this.
  7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Preloading does not happen when you add it to Watch Later. That just puts it in playlist. I however have no idea how to use Preloading.
    Andima likes this.
  8. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Go online and search for jetvd, goto the website and download the app.

Best youtube available, stream or download in whatever quality you want.
    Andima likes this.