• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mib1984

Lurker
Nov 30, 2016
Hi all this is new on me but I keep getting a red circle with a white eye if I click on it this brings up a popup straight away can't get rid of it I've tried anti virus and Malware remover but nothing seems to get rid I have attached a pic of a screen grab

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161130-165304.png
    Screenshot_20161130-165304.png
    1 MB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_20161130-165304.png
    Screenshot_20161130-165304.png
    1 MB · Views: 110
Hi all this is new on me but I keep getting a red circle with a white eye if I click on it this brings up a popup straight away can't get rid of it I've tried anti virus and Malware remover but nothing seems to get rid I have attached a pic of a screen grab

I don't understand when/where you get this. Your screenshot seems to show a media player app of some kind. Do you only get the red eye icon in that app, or in other apps? What is the popup that you get? Really: you need to provide a lot more information and detail in your question.

Upvote 0
Just pops up randomly with different game apps each time. I have tried anti virus and anti Malware with no luck it looks like a vr app icon but in red

Only game apps, but not other apps? The screenshot looked like a media player, not a game.
  1. Press the Recent Apps button on the lower left of your phone.
  2. Press "close all"
  3. Bring up one of the apps that triggers the mystery icon.
  4. When the mystery icon appears press the Recent Apps button again and see is there are any additional apps running besides the app you started.
Also, go to Settings>Application manager and see if there are any applications whose icon is that red eye (or, for that matter, any applications you don't recognize).

"Have you tried pressing it?"

Just brings up more ads

Do the ads have anything in common that might give us a clue about the icon?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones