Help

Last Updated:

1. sainath

sainath Member This Topic's Starter

hi,
    i am going to develope 3d action game........so can u suggest me which books and software tool is useful to developed 3d game for android???:)

Advertisement
  2. IanGClifton

IanGClifton Well-Known Member

It's tough to suggest anything without knowing what level you are currently. Have you made other Android apps? How familiar are you with Java?

3. id0001

id0001 Well-Known Member

also, have you ever made a 3d game?

4. sainath

no its my 1st apps, i want to develop for android..........and i have knowledge of core java,c and c++

5. id0001

id0001 Well-Known Member

for building 3D games on android you need to know OpenGL.
    3D with OpenGL | Android Developers
    I strongly suggest that you first make a 2D game first because 3D is really much harder to make.

6. sainath

thank u...
    can i developed 3d game within 4-5 month.......and do you know any software tool which can convert 2d object into 3d object.......

7. id0001

id0001 Well-Known Member

If you have no knowledge of making 3d games you cant build one in 4-5 months.

8. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hi sainath,

You might be better off if you download an open source 3D (Open GL 1.3 complaint) engine that has been already ported to the android os...

A goods example would be Kwaak3 (Open arena port of Quake 3) for a start. I think it takes a lot of work to creat a brand spanking new 3d engine going from scratch. You could always "borrow" from the kwaak3 engine source code anyway since it is open source.

Cool

Let me know if i can help any other way.

Stinks Methinks!

9. sainath

hey hi stinky
    Thank you friend.........for giving me this information.

Today i am reading opengl-r-superbible-comprehensive-tutorial-and-reference-4th-edition
    and my other project partner reading Mathematics_for_3D_Game_Programming_and_Computer_Graphics
    is it ok na????????............

can you suggest me other opengl book for beginner of 3d game developer.....which is simple to understand.........

because opengl-r-superbible-comprehensive-tutorial-and-reference-4th-edition book is very hard to understand.......:)

10. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

That is the best book for OpenGL programming, however, You may also wish to check this one out:
    Amazon.com: OpenGL Game Programming w/CD (Prima Tech's Game Development) (0086874533301): Kevin Hawkins, Dave Astle, Andre LaMothe: Books

It's a little old (from around hte time of DirectX 8), but it is still good none-the-less.

Also, keep in mind that Android uses OpenGL ES (Embedded Systems) rather than regular ol' OpenGL. It is basically the same aside from different packaging (Easily understood by reading the documentation) and the removal of a few Classes.

sainath likes this.