Help? :(

Last Updated:

1. jioi3

jioi3 Member This Topic's Starter

The official 2.2 update came to me yesterday and I kept declining it but it kept popping up over and over again so I pressed update (stupid of me).
    When I turn on my droid, theres nothing there and when I go back to the recovery thing, there's no option to choose which rom I want to reboot the phone with. Is there a way to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

"when I turn on my droid, theres nothing there".. huh?

IF you made a backup ROM (either nandroid or clockworkmod) then what should have happened is that the OTA stock update should fail and you would have saved root and had no phone changes.

BUT, it sounds like you had no backup ROM installed as it seems you would have reported that what you saw when it rebooted was like an ! exclamation point with a white triangle. IF that is what you saw, that is good as that means the OTA update failed and you cannot boot BUT if you press the top power button you will see the recovery screen come on with green text and it that happens, use the volume rocker and select reboot and press the camera button to reboot and you should boot back into your phone just the way it was.

3. jioi3

jioi3 Member This Topic's Starter

Ohh I meant nothing as in like.. Theres nothing on my home pages. You know how when you get an new update, it like deletes everything (unless you backed it up)? It looks like that (sorry I don't really know how to describe it better :l).

And I do see a triangle with a ! in it but nothing happens when I press the power button on top. When I press the + volume button, blue text comes out and the only options are: reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition wipe baseband data.
    Oh, and when I press the reboot system now, it goes to the empty home page like I described above.